NuclioManiac

Monday, March 20, 2006

lack of posts!! ISB INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Its been quite a while since i have posted. so lots of catching up to do.

Quite a few developments have taken place so after bringing you up to speed i shall resume my blogging duties faithfully, truthfully and to the best of my ability.

The last post was an ISB call.

Well that was followed by calls from carnegie mellon, cornell, tuck and Darden. London business school was the only "ding".

Inetrview with isb was great!!, about 40-45 mins and very off beat. i could guide the interview to an extent and the major discussion was about my work experience, which is exactly what i wanted. did not get a chance to sell myself much. but that did not affect my candidacy much as unlike most us b-schools ISB interviews are not BLIND.

The interviewee panel which consisted of Mr. Kanan, and an Alum, had already gone through my application and had formed an opinion of me. I had 40 minutes to dispel that opinion and create a more favourable one. Thankfully it turned out to be enough.

I was instigated and often attacked on my lack of experience and the attributes i would get to class. these questions are the best which one could get in an interview and gave me the oppurtunity i needed to sell myself to the admissions commitee.

after about 30 minutes of answeiring questions i still wanted more and went on probing and started asking a lot of questions. needless to say i came across as quite aggressive and a typical mba shark.

After the interview i was quite scared that i might have come on too strong, but the feeling was dispelled after an admit with a bit of tutition waiver from ISB.

I am very keen on ISB, and am looking forward to 1 yr of an insane workload, 420 colleagues, serviced apartments and the best faculty seen in the asia pacific. the only demerit which comes to my mind is the weather. Hyderabad is sweltering.

so in all probabilty ISB it it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home